We will exist to glorify God by being a community on mission, transformed by the gospel.
Our vision is the same as for every gospel congregation throughout time and around the world. As those who have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, we want to bring him glory.
The main way we do that is through our life together as a church, as this gospel community demonstrates the love of Jesus through our love for each other (John 13:35). We gather together to sing his praises, offer our prayers, hear his Word, and care for one another. And we serve side by side to see Jesus worshipped as the true King both here in Chatham County and to the ends of the earth.
We cannot be positive about our life in the future as a church any more than we know what tomorrow will bring for us as individuals. However, we will strive to cultivate spiritual health for Grace Hill.
This means Grace Hill will not be merely a service or a one-stop Sunday shop, but a counter-cultural, missionary community that seeks the glory of God and the good of our neighbors in every sphere of life through the proclamation and demonstration of the gospel.
- Confessional – We subscribe to a confession of faith.
- Elder-Led – We are governed by a plurality of qualified and called male elders/pastors.
- Expositional Preaching – We commit to live, expository preaching to equip the church.
- Gospel Proclamation – We proclaim the good news of our Sovereign Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Kingdom Focussed – We strive toward kingdom advancement through local church planting and revitalization.
- Word-Centered – We submit to the Bible as our final authority for belief and life.